5 foods you can't miss in Argentina
- Asado (Argentine BBQ): Argentine asado is a carnivore's dream come true. Succulent cuts of beef, sausages, and ribs are slow-cooked over an open flame, infusing them with a smoky, rich flavor. Don't forget to pair it with chimichurri sauce for that perfect balance of tangy and savory.
- Empanadas: These savory pastries come in various flavors, from classic ground beef to cheesy spinach. Empanadas are the ultimate Argentine street food, offering a crispy, golden exterior and a flavorful filling that varies from region to region.
- Milanesa: Argentina's take on the schnitzel, the milanesa is a breaded and fried meat cutlet, typically made from beef or chicken. Served with a squeeze of lemon, it's a crunchy delight that locals adore.
- Provoleta: If you're a cheese enthusiast, you'll fall in love with provoleta. This appetizer features a wheel of provolone cheese, grilled until it's gooey and bubbly. It's often seasoned with herbs and topped with chili flakes—a cheese lover's paradise.
- Dulce de Leche: Argentina's love affair with dulce de leche is legendary. This sweet, caramel-like spread is used in everything from pastries to ice cream. Don't leave without trying it, and consider bringing some home!
As you savor these Argentine delights, you might wonder how to keep the flavors alive once you return from your trip. Fortunately, Latinafy.com has you covered. We offer a vast selection of Argentine products, from yerba mate to dulce de leche, with international shipping. So, when you're back home, you can relive the tastes of Argentina with just a click. Enjoy your culinary adventure!