How To Make Alfajores?
What is an alfajor?
An alfajor is an artisanal or industrial sweet made up of two circular pieces of dough joined together by some creamy substance such as dulce de leche, chocolate or jam.
Argentine Alfajores are one of the most delicious sweets you will ever get to taste. If you think we are exaggerating, we suggest you try them for yourself and see!
There are many types of alfajores. They can come dipped in milk chocolate, dark chocolate or white chocolate, filled with dulce de leche, jam or mousse, single or triple, with chocolate, coconut or vanilla cookies, etc. You may find all these options at Latinafy, where you can shop with worldwide shipping and receive your order anywhere in the world.
If you wish to make homemade alfajores, this is how you should do it:
What ingredients do you need?
To prepare the dough
- Water 50 cc
- Eggs 2 Units
- Corn starch 100 g
- Flour 0000 500 g
- Butter 200 g
- Malt extract 40 g
- Sugar 200 g
- Ammonium bicarbonate 5 g
- Baking soda 5 g
- Bitter cocoa 20 g
For the coating
- Chocolate topping 250 g
- Cocoa butter 70 g
For the filling
- Dulce de leche - the amount here goes according to taste. The dulce de leche recommended for alfajores and pastry is this, you can get it from anywhere in the world.
- You can also fill the alfajor with fruit jam.
Steps to follow
- To begin with, beat the butter with sugar, adding vanilla essence and a pinch of fine salt.
- Then incorporate the eggs and continue beating.
- Sift the dry ones: flour, cornstarch, bitter cocoa, ammonium bicarbonate and tge baking powder.
- Add it all to the mixture and work the dough until it takes a homogeneous consistency.
- Finish kneading and then let cool.
- When the dough is cold, roll it out to a thickness of 5 mm and cut out the lids 5 cm in diameter.
- Cook them in a preheated oven (180 °C for 10 minutes).
- Once ready, remove them from the oven and let cool.
- Join the cookies together with dulce de leche.
- Add chocolate coating to the alfajor.
- Let it warm at room temperature and store it for 48 or 72 hours.
By then, they will be ready to eat.Enjoy!